– all meals on scheduled time from Day 1 – Lunch to Day 6 Breakfast (delicious & vegetarian only)
– camping accommodation for 3 nights (2-3 per tent)
– lodge / guest house stay for 2 nights (at Sankri)
– any forest permits for trekking & camping
– services of certified and experienced Trek Leader & support staff
– fully equipped medical kit and safety equipments
– transport from Dehradun to Sankri & vice versa – Ex Dehradun package only
– any kind of personal expenses done by the trekkers while on the trek
– any food items purchased by trekkers during the trek or at villages or during the drive
– mules or porters to carry personal luggage ( ₹300-₹400 per day per backpack payable directly to porters)
– anything not mentioned in inclusions
What To Pack
– A medium size backpack (for carrying essentials) max. 45-50 Ltr
– rain jacket / poncho ( it can rain any day in Mountains )
– a small hand towel
– a spare T-shirt & lower ( just in case you wanna change )
– sunscreen ( in case its sunny)
– a sun cap
– a personal torch (for camp tent)
– a proper water bottle ( must . . we try to avoid using disposable bottles on trails)
– a personal plate / spoon (must)
– a small poly bag for keeping all food/snack wrappers ( leave nothing on trails except your footprints ??
Clothing suggestions for the trail :
Hiking up the mountain during day time / in the sun will be quite hot & sweaty so use light & comfortable clothing.
– a loose / comfy long sleeve cotton t-shirt ( use light colored one )
– a good track pant / sports lower
– a sun cap
– good hiking shoes ( Quechua / Salomon etc. ) or good sport shoe will do ( Nike / Addidas )
SHOE SOLE MUST BE THICK & GRIPPY
Clothing Suggestions for Evening/Night at Campsite :
– woollen sweater / sweatshirt
– proper winter jacket ( not a bulky one )
– a warm woollen cap
– gloves ( optional )
– inner thermals ( keep them as you might feel cold at night )
Mountains get quite cold in the evening/night so be properly equipped
For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
– Cancel up to 30 days before trek start date and get full refund.
– Cancel up to 15 days before trek start date and get 70% refund.
– Cancel up to 7 days before trek start date and get 50% refund.
– Cancel within 7 days of trek start date and the cost of the full reservation is non-refundable.
– Refunds will be processed within 7-10 working days from the date of cancellation.
– In case of refund, 2.5% (Payment processing charges) will be applicable.
Eligible refund amount will be calculated from the total trek fee offered, in case you have made partial payment only.
Rent out all the trekking gear you need from our store at village Sankri base :
Quality Trekking Gear | Affordable Pricing | Nominal Security Deposit
05 Nights 06 Days, Uttarakhand, India
Kedarkantha peak, situated in the mountains of the tons river valley is a beautiful ridge peak; easily accessible anytime of the year. In the winters it snows in this valley and hence views from the summit are very rewarding. The trek goes through the Govind national park and gives you ample time to soak in the flora and fauna of this protected area. The summit lies at an altitude of 3850m and reaching the Kedarkantha summit is very satisfying as you are rewarded with views of peaks like the Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Black peak and Ranglana.
An awesome winter trek through snowy peaks and ridges, a Camping based adventure experience in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand. “The Kedarkantha trek” has much to offer for every adventure enthusiast looking for an awesome snow trek. The trails through snow filled forest and meadows offers great views of the Himalayas and if luck is on your side you might spot some wildlife as well. The snow filled landscapes and views that you’d want to capture forever makes this short 5-day trekking experience totally worth it, Soak the sun during the day and gear up for sub-zero temperatures at night. The Kedarkantha peak stands at 3800m and offers a good challenge to trekkers. On making the summit one gets a pure windy and picturesque experience with views of Har Ki Dun valley Dhauladhar range, Chansil pass, Rupin valley, Swargarohini peak, Bandar punch, Kalanag, Gangotri and Draupadi ka Danda.
During this amazing trip, you will experience the wildlife, temples, viewpoints, serene lakes, Museums & tea gardens, among others.
Village Sankri (8 hrs from Dehradun)
. The thrilling trek towards Kedarkantha begins from Dehradun city. Our representative will be available to greet you up at Dehradun Railway station by 7:00 a.m. From here the journey begins.
· We will drive alongside the scenic views of river Yamuna and hill towns like Purola and Mori to reach Sankri at around 4:00 p.m.
· On arrival at Sankri check into your cozy little guest house.
· The day is yours to explore around the culture and local cuisines this place has to offer.
· Get back to your stay and have a good sleep as the day you waited for starts tomorrow
· The actual trekking trip starts today after breakfast as today we trek upto our camping point Juda Ka Talab which is a 4 km trek and will take around 5 hours to complete.
· Crossing few streams and continuing through the trail and rising sharp through dense oaks we will reach the beautiful pictorial spot of Juda Ka Talab.
· This stop is no less than a treat for photography lovers. We will halt here for the day and enjoy camping at this beautiful scenario.
· After having morning breakfast it’s time to start our ascend towards Kedarkantha base which will take about 3 – 4 hours.
· Through dense forests of pine and oak trees, shepherd’s hut upon open meadows and the fascinating views of an arc-shaped range of snow-capped mountains comprising of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana showcasing their beauty we will be reach Kedarkantha Base by the day.
· After reaching the base, we will check into our camps upon the snow and enjoy a clear view of the night sky.
· We will enjoy the mesmerizing sunset today with scenic views of the mighty Himalayas and company of our fellow mates to get ready for the final climb tomorrow.
· The day you long waited for is here as today we make our final climb towards the Kedarkantha summit.
· The day begins early with a filling breakfast and enjoying the sunrise from the Kedarkantha meadows which is simply pure and divine.
· Upon the snow we start our trek through the forest till its end, as the Kedarkantha peak becomes much closer and the vegetation goes away.
· From this point the trek becomes a little difficult and can be a little strenuous especially for the first-time trekkers.
· Alas! Cheers as we have reached the summit, the final point we have long waited for. At an elevation of 12,500 we stand tall to mark our presence and shout out aloud “We did it”.
· Resting a while we will start the descend back towards Juda where we will halt for the day.
· The day is yours to celebrate as we have completed what we came for.
· Today, is the day we finally bid adieu to this serene Himalayan place. After, having a scrumptious breakfast pack your bags as we will start our descend towards Sankri.
· On the way one can mesmerize the final glimpses of Har Ki Dun valley and capture memories of this place one last time.
· We will reach Sankri at around 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. today.
· It’s time to bid adieu.
The distance approximately takes about 8 hours to reach. Scenic ambience and lovely surroundings mark the roads back to Dehradun city.
· Our trip ends here
Day 1 Dehradun to Mori river campsite
Distance : 170 km Time : 6 hrs
We start early from Dehradun towards Mussoorie. The Sharp turns with a few hair pin bends are accompanied by an abrupt change in landscape as we quickly gain elevation. Mussoorie lies at a short distance of 35 km (22 Miles) from Dehradun and rises to in excess of 2,000 meters. We continue our drive inwards and soon are joined by river Yamuna a few kilometers ahead of Kempty Falls. We can take a quick break at Kempty to check out the waterfall which becomes crowded as the day kicks in. We drive further via Damta and Purola to reach the village Mori by late afternoon. The drive after Purola is through a beautiful forest of pine trees. The change in temperature of the outside breeze can be easily felt as we traverse through the forest. At Mori we come across the river Tons, which happens to be the biggest tributary of Yamuna and is well known for Rafting activities. We rest at night in camps.
Day 2 Mori River Campsite to Sankri (1,950 m) to Kedarkantha meadow (3,429 m)
Distance : 8 km Time : 6 hrs Level : Easy to Moderate
Post breakfast we start our drive till Sankri and trek towards Juda Talab. The path goes through Saud village and is a gentle climb. A lot of local village women will be seen on the way carrying wood and dried leaves for their cattle. We trek further through pine and oak trees to reach the open field below the summit. This camping site has excellent views and is a highlight of the trek. There are green pastures nearby and the view towards Himachal is unending. We set camp here for the night.
Day 3 Kedarkantha meadow camp to Kedarkantha peak (3810 m) and back to camp
Distance : 5 km Time : 4-5 hrs
Level : Easy to Moderate
We start very early post breakfast and try to reach the top to catch a glimpse of the sunrise. We can take our time exploring the area and then head back to the camp.
Day 4 Kedarkantha meadow camp to Sankri and drive to Mori river campsite
Distance : 8 km Time : 4-5 hrs
Level : Easy to Moderate
We start post breakfast and head towards Sankri & drive till Mori river campsite. We spend the night in tents at Mori.
Day 5 Mori river campsite to Dehradun
Drive : 170 km Time : 6 hrs
Post breakfast we drive from Mori to Dehradun. We reach by early evening.
Yes, it is absolutely essential to take a guide for this trek whether you are trekking solo or in a group.
The best season for Kedarkantha trek is from Oct to June.
It is ideally recommended for 7+ age kids.
Yes, in fact all the Himalayan trails which start from small villages like Pantwari or Sankri are quite safe for women & solo travelers. People of the region are very warm, caring & hospitable in nature.
Camping tent accommodation (2-3 per tent).
Guides & porters in the region will never demand any tip money from you. They just need their daily wages paid by the trek operator. However, it is always encouraging if one can give a little tip to them if they provide good services.
Indian currency is accepted
Loved the first snow trek of my life to the 12,000 feet Kedarkantha peak. The trekking staff organized a worthy & memorable camping and hiking experience for us !
A thrilling snow trek to Kedarkantha with amazing trekking team. Loved the camping at Juda Ka Talab & KK base. Guide Suresh was extremely helpful & motivating. Thanks TrailHikers !
What a thrilling snow trek to Kedarkantha peak ! Just breathtaking views from the top with all the Himalayan summits in front of us – Thanks TrailHikers !
Awesome, adventurous & a great learning experience for me and my friends for our very first Himalayan adventure trip. Kudo to Trailhikers team for organizing the trek !!!
Wonderful trek to Kedarkantha with my family. An absolute Himalayan hiking & camping experience for us. Excellent trekking services provided by TrailHikers – Highly recommended !!!