TrailHikers is taking all the precautionary measures & SOPs as per guidelines for COVID-19 in Uttarakhand state. Wearing of masks by camp / lodge staff, proper sanitisation of camping & trekking equipment. Our kitchen staff at campsite is taking extra care to deliver tasty & healthy meals by following proper sanitising practices. In fact, our team has devised a 7-point safety system to ensure the safety of all travelers.
COVID Safety Guidelines for Kashmir Great Lakes
Cuddled up cozily amidst the mountains, Kashmir Great Lakes Trek is yet another hidden jewel of Kashmir as it validates Kashmir’s mythical status as heaven on earth. The beautiful Alpine and snow-clad mountains will walk through the paths, and green meadows, rocky terrains are there to bound the journey. Every day is a 360° panorama of wild, rugged mountains, rolling meadows and turquoise alpine lakes and you get more than seven of these lakes and five very different valleys to explore!
Day 1 Arrival at Sonamarg from Srinagar
Day 2 Start from Sonamarg to Nichnai via Shekdur
Day 3 From Nichnai to Vishansar Lake via Nichnai Pass
Day 4 Explore Vishansar and Kishansar Lakes – Rest Day
Day 5 Vishansar Lake to Gadsar Lake via Gadsar Pass
Day 6 Gadsar Lake to Satsar Lake
Day 7 Satsar to Gangabal Twin Lakes via Zaj Pass
Day 8 Gangabal Lake to Naranag
Reporting Time: Depart to Sonamarg in the afternoon. It is 3 hrs drive from Srinagar. On Last Day On Day 8, you’ll reach Srinagar between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm. You can book your travel anytime after 8 pm.
Day 1 Srinagar to Sonmarg (Altitude: 7,800 ft – 4 hours drive)
• Reach Srinagar and get welcomed by our representatives
• On the first day of the Kashmir Lakes Trek, spend time in the dreamlike place of Srinagar known for its refreshing gardens, lakes, and houseboats
• If you wish, you can take an iconic Shikara experience at Dal Lake or amble through Mughal Gardens that unravels many beauties along the way
• Leave by the afternoon and be driven to Sonmarg by evening
• Spend overnight at a campsite in Sonmarg
Day 2 Sonmarg to Nichnai via Shekdur (Altitude: 11,500 ft – 6 hours – 11.6 km)
• Today will be the first day of this enthralling Kashmir great lakes trek!
• After having breakfast at the guesthouse, start with a 3-4km trek from the Sonamarg and reach a roadside eatery, from where you can bag up all the required commodities for the day.
• Here onwards, the trek will be a gradual one and alongside the Sindh River, it will take you through maple and pine forests.
• Completing the hike through the forests, you will be rewarded with the stunning views of the Sonamarg Valley and pictorial streams.
• Here onwards, the trek will descend down and will take you to the snow-covered Shekdur Range.
• Relax around the vicinity for a while before you start trekking towards the Nichnai, which is located around 11,500ft above sea level.
• Upon arrival in Nichnai, check-in into the campsite
• Dinner and overnight stay in the camp.
Day 3 Nichnai to Vishansar Lake (Altitude: 12,000 ft – 6 hours – 13.5 km)
• Starting early in the morning, around 08:00 AM, wake up to the scenic views and start the trek towards the Nichnai Pass and enjoy the stunning views of the lush valleys and the untouched beauty of the region.
• Hereafter, cross the river and continue hiking through the banks of the river and arrive at the Nichnai Pass or the Vishansar Berry.
• Arriving at the pass, which is located 13,500m above sea level, witness, and enjoy the meticulous beauty of the pass and the snow-covered peaks all around it.
• Hereafter, the trek will undergo a steep descend and will lead you to a pictorial meadow of colorful flowers; while on Kashmire Great lakes trek, you can also catch glimpses of a cascade that finally joins a river.
• Here onwards, continue with the hike and upon arriving at a flat valley, continue towards its end and arrive at the campsite. Gazing on the left of this trail, you can also behold captivating views of the Himalayan Range and also the Vishansar Lake
• Overnight stay in the camp at Vishansar Lake
Day 4 Stay in Vishansar and Rest for the Day
This day of the Lakes in Kashmir Trek would be a light one as you acclimatize yourself to the weather
• Rest and overnight stay at Vishansar.
Day 5 Vishansar to Gadsar (Altitude – 13,800 ft – 5 hours – 16 km)
• Wake up, this chilly morning, witness the Kishansar Peak casting its reflection on the azure lake waters.
• Start the trek for the day towards the lakeside and reach the Kishansar Peak, which is situated around 500ft above the campsite.
• Here onwards, ascend to the other side of the water reservoir. The trek till here comprises both easy and tough terrains.
• Later part of the day, trek towards the Kishansar Lake and finally make it to the Gadsar Pass that is perched at a height of 13,800ft and is the highest point of this trek.
• From the pass, pass through a flowery meadow and some of the pictorial lakes; Yamsar is one of these lakes.
• From here, continue with the descend and after crossing Iris, reach the Gadsar Lake. A picturesque lake, it is adorned with the stunning beauty of exotic flowers and snow on both sides.
• Arriving at the lakeside, report to the nearest Army Camp, and complete the formalities of getting permission to pass Gadsar; ID proofs are a must for this.
• Overnight stay at Gadsar Lake
Day 6 Gadsar to Satsar | (Altitude: 12,000 ft – 6 hours – 11.3 km)
• Your day will begin with a walk from the army camp towards the stream.
• Brace yourself for varied terrains from super steep, flat, and even land. Take a short break at Maengandob that is fringed by mountains.
• Reach the first of Satsar lakes, which is a group of seven different lakes, and follow the same procedure of yesterday with the army officials and set camps near the surreal first lake of Satsar.
• Overnight stay at Satsar
Day 7 Satsar to Gangabal Twin Lakes (Altitude – 11,500 ft – 6 hours – 9 km)
• A true test of caliber, this is the day when you will have to push your physical and mental limits!
• Trudge through rocks and boulders ridden terrain, pass the last of the Satsar lakes, and start hiking downwards for half an hour till you arrive at the forest line.
• Here onwards, start ascending upward and reach an altitude of 13,400ft; during this climb, you can witness several ridges at different heights and the quaint Gujjar huts as well.
• From the summit, you can also behold the fascinating views of the twin lakes: Gangabal and Nundkol, which are connected to each other by a picturesque stream and are known for trout-fishing.
• Post this; trek through a sharp and rocky trail and make it to a gurgling stream, passing which, you will reach a lush meadow that advent towards the Nundkol Lake, which is also a popular weekend getaway among the locals.
• Trekking for around 20 minutes from Nundkol Lake, you will finally arrive at Gangabal Lake, and by crossing the bridge across the lake; you will arrive at the campsite
• Dinner and overnight stay in the camp.
Day 8 Gangabal – Naranag and back to Kashmir (Altitude – 7,450 ft )
• On your final day of the Kashmir Great Lake Trek, start from the Gangabal camp, ramble on grassy land dotted with yellow flowers and pine forest.
• Descend are reach Naranag, the last leg of your trek. Reach Naranag Village in Ganderbal District. If you wish, you can visit Naranag Temple.
• Be driven back to Srinagar with wonderful memories
₹ 12,999 per person
Pay Full Amount Save ₹499
Cancellation / Refund Policy
* 5% payment processing charges will be applicable on all refunds
** cancellation / refund request is taken via email only email@example.com